At its core, Last Ark Out is just a group of music nerds. Bringing together influences ranging from Wayne Shorter to Kendrick Lamar to Radiohead and back, the band has a forward-thinking energy that is at once inwardly intellectual and immediately satisfying. The resulting sound draws comparisons to genre-bending outfits Kneebody and Snarky Puppy.
In 2016, Last Ark Out was the recipient of a FACTOR grant, which they used to fund their first studio album. Entitled 'Wake', the album features seven new compositions and was produced, mixed, and mastered by Daniel Klenner (Hey Ocean!, Star Captains, Big Fate) at The Space in Vancouver, BC. ‘Wake’ represents a clear new statement from Last Ark Out, blending new digital production techniques into their already energetic and confident sound.
- FACTOR funded album 'Wake' recorded at The Space in Vancouver. Produced/mixed/mastered by Daniel Klenner (Hey Ocean!, Star Captains, Big Fate)
- Performance as part of the Vancouver International Jazz Festival 2017
- Performances at many Vancouver venues such as Guilt and Company, the Railway Club, the Backstage Lounge, Presentation House
- Recipient of FACTOR Demo Production Grant in 2016
- Featured on Czech Public Radio's Jazz Sampler No. 15 (link in Czech)